On Wednesday, April 10th from 12:30PM – 1:30PM EST you can listen by phone or stream this educational workshop online. CancerCare, is the leading national organization in the U.S. providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer. IWMF’s valued partnership with CancerCare makes bringing these informative and important programs to you possible. The program is free, but you must pre-register. Register online here or by calling the CancerCare HopeLine at 1-800-813-4673. After you have registered, you will receive additional information with connection instructions and other details.
Drs. Ansell and Castillo will address the following topics during the workshop:
- Overview of Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia
- Symptoms & Signs
- Frontline Treatment for WM
- Treatment for Relapsed/Refractory WM
- Standard of Care & New Treatment Approaches
- Translating Genomic Findings into New Treatment Opportunities
- Clinical Trials
- Managing Symptoms & Side Effects, Including Controlling Complications
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team Including Treatment Follow-Up Care
- Quality of Life Concerns
- Mapping the Future of WM
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
For U.S. medical social workers and dietitians, this workshop may qualify for Continuing Education Credits. To request the applicable paperwork, please email your name and license type to email@example.com after participating in the live workshop via phone or online. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program. Credit is not available for recordings of past workshops at this time.
Please be sure to register and tune in!