On Tuesday, April 2, 2019, the Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation announced a new patient assistance program for people living with WM.
Qualifying patients are eligible to receive grants from PAN to pay for the deductibles, copays, and coinsurance costs associated with their medication/ treatment for WM (NOTE: They do not reimburse patients for medical insurance premiums.)
Patients who qualify for the PAN Foundation’s Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia Program are eligible to receive $5,000 per year in financial assistance. Eligible patients must meet the following criteria:
- must be getting treatment for WM
- must reside and receive treatment in the United States
- must have Medicare health insurance
- the medication must be covered by their insurance and listed on PAN’s list of covered medications
- patient’s income must fall at or below 500 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (PAN’s website link above provides a link to a calculator tool that helps determine if your income level qualifies you).
Patients, or advocates and caregivers applying on their behalf, can apply for assistance using the PAN Foundation’s online patient portal (www.panapply.org), or by calling 1-866-316-7263, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Additional information about the PAN Foundation assistance, along with other financial assistance programs from other organizations can be found on the IWMF website at: Financial Assistance