Vision without Action is merely a dream. Action without Vision is just passing the time. Vision with Action will change the world.
Joel Barker, Futurist
Please reread that opening quotation.
The intention of the IWMF Board of Trustees is to change the world; specifically, the world of WM through our new IWMF Strategic Plan. Specifically, our Strategic Plan lays out:
- Our Vision of where we want to end up,
- Our Mission or what we’ll do on our way to the Vision,
- Our Values and our Compelling Intentions, or the things we will focus on to get us to the Vision.
IWMF Vision: A world without WM (Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia).
A world without WM is a world where no one relapses, no one is refractory, no one worries about his or her kids getting WM and no one suffers from side effects from WM or its treatment. While we are striving to achieve this vision, we will focus on our mission – meaning what we do every single day.
IWMF Mission: Support and educate everyone affected by Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia while advancing the search for a cure.
With the IWMF, no one is alone. It does not matter who you are or where you live. If you have WM or someone you love has WM, we are here to help. Although WM is a rare disease, the IWMF is here for you.
The values we live by are what we ask our board, our office staff, our volunteers and WMers to stay true to in interactions with other WMers in Support Groups, at the IWMF Educational Forum, online at IWMF Connect, on Lifeline calls, with our partners and everywhere else. See HERE to review IWMF Values.
To accomplish our vision, we identified the following compelling intentions that will drive what we do:
Our Compelling Intentions:
1. Assume leadership to significantly increase the number, scope, and coordination of global WM research projects.
2. Become the global thought leader and authoritative source of information and resources in WM.
3. Ensure that every doctor and nurse worldwide who works in blood cancer knows about the IWMF and the resources we offer.
4. Ensure that every person diagnosed worldwide with WM knows about the IWMF and the resources we offer.
5. Expand worldwide awareness of WM and the IWMF.
6. Significantly increase and diversify our sources of funding to support our mission.
To accomplish these intentions over the next 3-5 years, we need your help. We have the vision but we need your help to share it. We are taking action, and we can’t do it without you. As a first step, read through our new About the IWMF publication HERE and share it with your friends, family and healthcare team. And then, if you can, support us financially HERE or by volunteering HERE.
Working together, we will put our vision into action, and change the world into a world without WM!