3rd Annual Walk for Waldenstrom’s
Sunday, June 9, 2019
The Walk will take place at the 2019 IWMF Educational Forum in Philadelphia, PA. As in prior years, besides getting fresh air, healthy exercise, and sharing good company, walkers will have the option to help others on their journey with WM by raising money to support the vision of the IWMF: “Support everyone affected by Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia while advancing the search for a cure!” This year, we will be starting at 6:30 am (Eastern US Time) and walking in downtown Philadelphia near the hotel and past various sites of historic and artistic significance.
This will be an opportunity for IWMF members, as a community, to raise funds to benefit the IWMF and to help find a cure!
Here’s how you can help:
- Attend the Ed Forum and Walk: Attend the Ed Forum, participate in the Walk, and encourage your friends and families to donate on your behalf (see below for more details).
- Can’t come to the Ed Forum, but you’re in Philadelphia? Walk with us: If you can’t make the Ed Forum, but you’re in the Philadelphia area, come walk with us (we’ll depart from the lobby of the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia City Center). Invite your friends to join you too!
- Walk in your community: Go for a walk in your own neighborhood or on a local walking trail on Sunday, June 9, and participate with us “virtually” – and encourage your friends and families to donate on your behalf (again, more details below). You can even try to get others involved – the more walkers we have, the closer we’ll get to better treatments and a cure! (Even if you can’t walk on June 9, you can walk on a different day to benefit the IWMF.)
- Sponsor a walker: If you can’t walk, donate on behalf of someone who IS walking (see below).
Here’s how to participate and raise funds or to sponsor a walker:
- Go to iwmf.com/fundraise and click on the “Walk for Waldenstrom’s” button.
- Read the information on the page, and follow the instructions:
- If you’re walking, click on the “Join This Event” button and follow the steps in the instruction guide by clicking here.
- If you want to sponsor someone, scroll down the page a bit and click on the person’s name in the “leaderboard”.
- NOTE: For those planning to attend the Ed Forum, rest assured the Walk is NOT a mandatory event, and if you do walk with us on Sunday morning, being a fundraiser is NOT a requirement for admittance to the Walk. You can still take the journey with us for exercise and mutual support, whether you’re fundraising or not!
Our collective journeys around the world on Sunday, June 9, will also help reinforce the theme for this year’s Ed Forum of “Imagine a Cure: The WM Revolution!” Also, T-shirts, caps, mugs, and water bottles commemorating the Walk are now available via Café Press.*
If you require assistance, or have questions, feel free to contact the Walk Coordinator, Pete DeNardis at email@example.com.
(*Disclaimer: Please note that to keep prices as low as possible, we have kept the markup on linked IWMF merchandise from Café Press to the minimum. Although any royalties do benefit the IWMF, these items are being offered primarily to commemorate the annual walk, and our organization receives only 1% of the revenue from each sale. We appreciate all kinds of support but kindly suggest that those who would like to give monetarily to the IWMF do so directly via our website.)