Information Packets (Info Pak) are intended for newly diagnosed patients and their caregivers. IWMF volunteers and WM researchers work together to develop booklets, pamphlets, and information packets that provide the newly diagnosed patient and their caregivers with up-to-date, easy to understand information regarding Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia, how to treat it, and how to live with it. Info Paks are provided for immediate download.
What is in the Info Pak?
An InfoPak is a packaging of predefined content that we believe will be of help to newly diagnosed patients and their caregivers. Below is a list of contents of the Info Pak for Patients in English.
- Letter of Introduction from WMF Canada President Arlene Hinchcliffe
- About WM-Details Fact Sheet
- Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia: Medical Tests, booklet
- Treatment Options Guides, series of 5 pamphlets
- Support Groups (US and International) - Reach out to others for support
- Lifeline - talk with a WM patient on a one-one-on basis
- Should I get a Second Opinion by Morie Gertz, MD from The Torch
- Directory of Physicans who have expertise in WM
- Getting the Most from My Provider Visit by Morie Gertz, MD from The Torch
- Services Available To Members and Friends of the IWMF
- Annual Educational Forum
Information Packets (Info Paks) contain all of the above items and are available for immediate download in English zip file.
- Selected IWMF Educational Forum Videos:
|The Garden Talk by Morie Gertz of Mayo Clinic||I’ve Been Diagnosed with WM-Now What? By Dr. Joseph Mikhael of Mayo Clinic|
|WM: An Exciting Upbeat Story by Dr. Morton Coleman of Weill Cornell Medical College||Doctor, How Long Am I Going to Live? by Dr. Jeffrey Matous of the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute|