Information Packets (Info Pak) are intended for newly diagnosed patients and their caregivers. IWMF volunteers and WM researchers work together to develop booklets, pamphlets, and information packets that provide the newly diagnosed patient and their caregivers with up-to-date, easy to understand information regarding Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia, how to treat it, and how to live with it. Info Paks are provided for immediate download.
What is in the Info Pak?
An InfoPak is a packaging of predefined content that we believe will be of help to newly diagnosed patients and their caregivers. Below is a list of contents of the Info Pak for Patients in English.
In addition to our English Info Pak, we have InfoPaks in Simplified Chinese (简体中文), Traditional Chinese (繁體中文), French (Francais), German (Deutsch), Italian (Italiano), and Spanish (Espanol). Not all of the content below is available in all these language specific Info Paks.
- Letter of Introduction from IWMF President Carl Harrington
- About WM-Details Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions, booklet
- Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia: Medical Tests, booklet
- Treatment Options Guides, series of 5 pamphlets
- Support Groups (US and International) - Reach out to others for support
- Lifeline - talk with a WM patient on a one-one-on basis
- Should I get a Second Opinion by Morie Gertz, MD from The Torch
- Directory of Physicians who have expertise in WM
- Getting the Most from My Provider Visit by Morie Gertz, MD from The Torch
- Services Available To Members and Friends of the IWMF
- Annual Educational Forum
Information Packets (Info Paks) contain all of the above items and are available for immediate download in English zip file. A .ZIP file contains several files. It is an optional method for downloading all the contents of the Info Pak as opposed to downloading each individual file. When you click on the link and the file comes up you can choose to open, save or save as. The .ZIP file may not work on your tablet or smartphone. US residents may click here to request an Info Pak by mail.
- Selected IWMF Educational Forum Videos:
|The Garden Talk by Morie Gertz of Mayo Clinic||I’ve Been Diagnosed with WM-Now What? By Dr. Joseph Mikhael of Mayo Clinic|
|WM: An Exciting Upbeat Story by Dr. Morton Coleman of Weill Cornell Medical College||Doctor, How Long Am I Going to Live? by Dr. Jeffrey Matous of the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute|