The International Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia Foundation (IWMF) is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Officer who is a difference maker. The IWMF is a patient-founded, patient-led, international non-profit headquartered in Sarasota, Florida that is dedicated to a simple but compelling vision: Support everyone affected by Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia (WM) while advancing the search for a cure. Since WM is a rare disease, the IWMF relies upon individuals for financial support and upon volunteers to do much of its work. We are seeking a Major Gifts Officer with excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of securing gifts of $10,000+. Requires minimum five years' experience in qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Extensive travel within the US is required.
Please send resume to Jennifer Silva, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(no phone calls, please)
- Keep current on the activities of the IWMF, including research projects funded, and member services provided.
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gift prospects to align benefactor interests with the mission and strategic objectives of the IWMF.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 200 prospects with a primary focus on qualifying prospects and closing gifts of $10,000+.
- Meet performance objectives by maintaining a high level of development activity that results in funding and in the identification of new prospects for the strategic priorities each year.
- Maintain awareness of changes in philanthropy and best practices in major gift and planned giving.
- Provide professional communications to donors and/or their advisors. Must be able to answer basic questions regarding multiple planned giving vehicles.
- Develop ongoing efforts to maximize bequests, IRS rollovers and other legacy outreach.
- Prepare major gift proposals and ensure timely stewardship reports for donors and prospects in portfolio.
- Serve as a liaison to the Foundation/Grant Writing consultant.
- Maintain up to date records of all contacts with prospects and upload to DonorPerfect Database.
- Actively participate as a member of the IWMF Fundraising Committee.
- Periodically review fundraising materials and schedule edits and reprinting as needed; assist in the development of new fundraising materials.
- Belief in the IWMF mission and strong ethical conduct is essential.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, and a fundraising certification is preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision while providing key information and updates to leadership.
- Demonstrated advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a donor database.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to travel extensively in the US.
- Salary range is $70,000 to $80,000 and is negotiable based upon skills and experience.
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits available
The Major Gifts Officer Position offers a flexible schedule with telecommuting as an option. We welcome local candidates as well as those outside of the Sarasota/Tampa Bay, Florida area.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The International Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.