We appreciate that you have come to the IWMF website to learn abut the disease called WM and about the many services provided by the IWMF. This is the page where IWMF members can renew their annual membership and where visitors to the site can register to join. If you are here as a visitor, it is our hope that you will now become a member of the IWMF. To those about to join - we welcome you as a part of the Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia (WM) family of patients, caregivers, relatives and friends. To those of you who are renewing your membership - welcome back! You are already well aware of the many benefits of being an IWMF member.
The IWMF is a nonprofit organization with a volunteer Board of Trustees and many member volunteers who help with our various projects, all with the same mission - to support both newly diagnosed and veteran WM patients, their families, and their friends by providing educational materials, events, and networking opportunities for mutual support. To help us carry out the many support services we have a limited staff at our office in Sarasota, Florida, who assist members in a variety of ways, keep our records, and ensure that our materials are printed and mailed to you. Members receive the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter, the Torch, and other electronic bulletins of special significance in reporting new information and events, including special WM-specific programs.
Below is a complete list of our services:
- Local support groups where people with WM and their families and friends meet to share information and to experience group support and friendship. There are 60 groups within North America, and more than 20 worldwide in places like Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom..
- The Educational Forum that annually brings together leading WM specialists and researchers to inform patients of the latest developments and answer their questions.
- The Torch, our quarterly newsletter, filled with the most recent information about WM.
- The IWMF Lifeline, a contact listing for telephone and e-mail, is arranged by topic, and IWMF volunteers experienced in a particular topic will talk with callers on a one-to-one basis about their first hand experience and respond to questions.
- Free publications directed to you, your doctor, and your caregivers. Our publication list is regularly updated and expanded. See the IWMF Library for a complete list.
- IWMF-Talk, an Internet e-mail list made available so that patients can communicate with each other about every aspect of WM and with experienced WMers who have been through a great deal and survived.
- The Patient Database is a registry, currently under preparation, which will contain the active medical histories of participating WM patients. Upon completion, all members will be encouraged to register.
- DVDs of presentations about the various aspects and outcomes of standard and emerging treatments for WM patients. The speakers are renowned scientists and clinicians from academia and cancer research centers.
- The IWMF website, a treasure trove of information.
Note – It is important that you renew your membership status annually. This will ensure continued delivery of the Torch and other mailings. To join or to renew your membership now please click here to complete the online Membership Application Form. If you prefer to mail or fax your application, please click here for a downloadable PDF file of the IWMF Membership Application Form.
There is no standard amount charged for an annual membership fee. However, members are asked to make an annual contribution in recognition of the support and services provided by the IWMF. The Foundation depends solely upon member donations to fund our member services, medical research, web site and publications program. Please click the box below and provide a membership fee according to what your heart asks and your pocket can afford. Simply click on I would like to Give Now at the bottom of the online Membership Application form, or complete pages 2 and 3 of the downloadable form.
If you are interested in learning more about giving options, please visit our Giving Overview.
If you wish to also contribute to our Research Fund so we may continue to provide medical research grants leading to better treatment options and a cure for Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia, please visit our Gifts for Research page.
Special Notice to Canadian Members
In 2003 a separate organization was established in Canada with the name Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Foundation of Canada. The purpose of WMFCanada is to operate as a Canadian chapter of the IWMF. WMFCanada was incorporated under Canadian legislation and qualifies as a charitable organization under the Canada Income Tax Act. WMFCanada can issue tax receipts for voluntary contributions which are deductible for income tax purposes by Canadian taxpayers.
While much relevant information regarding WM found on the IWMF website is applicable to all IWMF members (regardless of where they live), those seeking Canada-specific information and/or assistance with tax issues regarding donations to the IWMF are encouraged to also visit the WMFCanada website.
All members of IWMF residing in Canada are automatically members of WMFCanada as well as being members of IWMF. Canadian members will annually renew their membership in WMFCanada and thereby automatically become (or continue to be) members of IWMF.
The address of the organization is 260 Dalewood Drive, Oakville, Ontario L6J 4P3. For members in Canada, future contributions should be sent to this address. A Canadian tax receipt will be issued. (Cheques can be made out to WMFC.)
It is important to understand that the purpose of the Canadian organization is not to compete with the IWMF in any way. The intention is to allow Canadians to receive tax deductibility for their contributions while carrying out the mission and objectives of the IWMF in Canada.
If you have any questions, please call Arlene Hinchcliffe at 905-337-2450.
Click here for Canadian Contribution form