The IWMF sponsors a friendly Internet-based group discussion forum in English called IWMF-Talk, where you can communicate with others, share experiences and insights, exchange information and get emotional support The discussions typically focus on WM diagnosis, treatments, research, prognosis, side effects and related conditions. In addition, other important information is conveyed about patient advocacy, outreach to doctors, concerns of the newly diagnosed, information about IWMF’s research and educational activities.
Members post their message or question to IWMF-Talk. These are then automatically distributed to all IWMF-Talk participants, via e-mail, usually within hours, if not minutes. Members can reply to the e-mail originator or to the entire IWMF-Talk list. There are typically 20-30 messages per day.
You can join IWMF-Talk by using the online form on this website.
Information for using IWMF- Talk can be found in the following PDF guides:
- How to use the IWMF-Talk Archives
- How to manage your IWMF-Talk Subscription
- Rules and Guidelines to Follow When Posting Messages to IWMF-Talk
Any questions can be directed at our IWMF-Talk manager, Peter De Nardis at email@example.com
IWMF members may also participate in the following Internet-based WM group discussion forums:
- Australia Talk- List (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wmozzies/info)
- France Talk-List (http://portail.waldenstromfrance.org)
- Italy (WM_IT) Talk-List - (http://groups.google.com/group/wm_it)
- UK (WMUK) Talk-List (http://www.wmuk.org.uk/get-involved/member-subscribe)
- WM Complementary and Alternative Medicine Online Forum (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WMCaM/info)
- Rare Disease Connect WM Community (https://www.rareconnect.org/en/community/waldenstrom-macroglobulinemia/forum)